A Certification that Ensures A Commitment to Regional Food Products
As a certified partner of Gourmet Region Carinthia (Genuss Region Kärnten), the Hotel Pulverer has applied the highest standards to the quality and origin of the regional products: you can see and taste the difference!
Alpine meats from the Nock Mountains right outside the hotel’s doors, Gailtal Valley pork products, Jauntal Valley salami, Carinthian trout, Lavantal Valley cider… the culinary diversity of Carinthia is vast! At the Hotel Pulverer you have the chance to not just taste the products of Carinthia – you get to experience them.
The chefs at the Hotel Pulverer use only the highest-quality and freshest produce available and, for the most part, only those products that come from Carinthia. In order to minimise long-distance transport and unnecessary storage times, we strive to source as many ingredients locally as possible.
Hotel Pulverer is Committed to the Following Criteria for Food Products:
- Pork and beef: at least one of the two must be a product of Carinthia, while the other must at least be of a certain quality and of Austrian origin
- Eggs must be a Gourmet Region Carinthia product
- Milk must be a Gourmet Region Carinthia product
- Freshwater fish: of traceable origin from Austria
- Vegetables/fruit: potatoes from Austria and two other fruit/vegetable types from Austria, with one coming from Carinthia
- Gourmet Region products: at least two Gourmet Region products, one of which is a Gourmet Region Carinthia product and another must be produced in Gourmet Region Austria
The Regional Products Featured at Hotel Pulverer:
- Glundner cheese
- Butter from Nock Mountain farmers
- Homemade stewed apricots
- House made applesauce
- Homemade granola/muesli
- Alpine herbal tea with herbs from the hotel’s garden
- Homemade jams
- Organic curd cheese from the Mallhof farm
- Sheep’s milk cheese and cream cheese from Nuart, one of the most renowned producers of sheep’s cheese in Carinthia
- Carinthian honey from beekeeper Albin Otti, who was awarded the “Golden Honeycomb” for his excellent honey
- Home-baked spelt bread
- Homemade breakfast cakes
- House made Reindling, a typical Carinthian cake made of dough, raisins, cinnamon and sugar
- Bread from the Schaider bakery
- Free-range Carinthian eggs
Your hosts, the Pulverer Family, take it one step further: they also offer products right from their own farm and garden. Only a few hotels in Europe can give guests the chance to enjoy self-raised meats, fish and home-grown vegetables.