Crunching Snow and Glittering Nature
No need to look far for winter trails – all around the Hotel Pulverer in the Nock Mountains are suitable trails: 80km of well-kept and cleared winter trails take you from the centre of Bad Kleinkirchheim directly into nature or neighbouring villages.
Winter and Carinthia: Most people who think of this combination think first of skiing or cross-country skiing. But here, in the quiet white of winter surrounded by clean mountain air, there is almost nothing more enjoyable than a winter hike. There aren’t heavy, cumbersome shoes on your feet. You don’t have to wait in line to get on the ski lift. Simply start your hike!
Some of the Prettiest Winter Routes around Bad Kleinkirchheim
- Sun Trail (Sonnenweg): A leisurely walk beside Bad Kleinkirchheim, always on the sunny side. This loop takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, making it the perfect intro hike to start your holiday
- St Oswald Circuit (Rundweg): From the car park at the National Park lift you’ll climb over 200m in elevation change over a 6km distance made up of slightly demanding terrain. Still a good hike for beginners! You’ll be rewarded along the way with beautiful side trails and breath-taking views
- Panorama Winter Trail (Wanderweg): With a distance of only 3km and very slight elevation change, this easy tour starts by the church in nearby Feld am See. This trail is great for baby carriages and can also be combined with ice skating on nearby Lake Brennsee. There are also numerous rest stops along the way
Winter Trails at over 1,800m in Elevation
Very well maintained winter trails are also to be found at summit heights that are easily reached via ski lifts.
- Kaiserburg: From the top of Kaiserburgbahn lift at 1,950m to the summit of the Wöllaner Nock at 2,050m above sea level. At your feet is a stunning view of the valley below: You can see down the Gegen Valley all the way to Villach. On the other side lies the St Oswald Valley - your gaze even reaches the Drau Valley – endlessly, wonderfully beautiful
- Brunnach: From the top of the Brunnach National Park ski lift at 1,850m along a gentle trail to the Oswald Gate, which lies at the foot of the Mallnock. Your reward is an endless view of the Large and Small Rosennock peaks and a view of Italy and Slovenia!
- Nockalm: From the top of the Nockalm ski lift this trail takes you along to the ridge saddle. Make sure to ask at the top of the lift if the trail is actually open. From the ridge saddle you can see the Seehöhe peak at 3,360m and the Katschberg ski area
A detailed description of these routes and many others can be found at the Hotel Pulverer. All you have to do is lace up your winter boots and off you go!
Choose the Hotel Pulverer for your holiday accommodation and look forward to exploring the Nock Mountains on countless winter trails.